Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blessings from above...

Something happen to me today and I really haven't slowed down enough to really think about it until now. It is rather sacred but I want to share. I was driving down the busiest street in our town heading to a teacher's supply store. I was stopped at the light at a busy intersection with about 8 0r 9 cars ahead of me and was thinking with some frustration(because I was in a hurry) that I would never get through the light when it turned green because I was so far back in the line of cars. I watched as the light in the turn lane to left of me turned green and I thought maybe if I hurry and pull around these cars and get into the left turn lane and make it through the light, then I can go down a side street that isn't quite so busy and get where I am going a little faster. Immediately a voice came into my head (not my own voice) and said "You'll never make it through the turn light." And so I stayed right where I was. Not 3 seconds later a huge truck came zooming pass me on my left doing exactly what I had thought I should do only he was driving like a bat out of heck trying to make the green turn light. If I would have pulled out in my hurry to get where I was going a little faster, I would have surely been hit by this huge truck and who knows what would have been the end of that story. I immediately realized that I had been protected and said a little thank you prayer in my heart but tonight I was telling my husband and daughter about it and it really sank in. The Lord knows me...He loves me...and He is mindful of me. This I know.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad you're okay and that you listened and stayed put.

Michelle said...

Love your new layout. Thanks for sharing your spiritual thoughts. It always helps me to hear others experiences to inspire me to listen and then act upon my promptings. How bout that new grandson were gonna have?

lindsey said...

I am SOOO glad that you are ok. I love you! :)