Friday, February 9, 2007

So many projects...So little time...

I've been asked by a number of people why I haven't blogged for awhile. I'd like to say that I have been in the Caribbean on vacation, or had some serious surgery, or had been finally visited by Oprah's men-in-black(read previous "Favorites" post) but that would not be the case. Nothing as exciting as any of those options. I have just been plain busy. I don't know if you are like me or not...but I do not sit in front of the TV eating Bon-Bons all day. I hit the floor running in the morning and my day never seems to slow down. I am not going to list all the responsibilities, obligations, etc. that keep me running because I know every woman on the planet is doing the same things, with a few variations. I also know that I thought at this point in my life that I would start having more time to myself and that just hasn't turned out to be the case. If anything, I am more busy than ever. For sure I am not changing diapers, fixing mega meals and running children to every extra curricular activity possible, but I am going a mile-a-minute nearly every day. And on top of that...I am not as young as I use to be and it takes me a bit longer to accomplish things these days.
Now back to the blog...it takes time to blog. At least for me it does. I am a perfectionist in a lot of ways and I don't just sit down and start typing. I spend a considerable amount of time planning, drafting, picture taking, etc. even before I start typing. So a blog entry is a big deal for me. I also have so many other projects I want to complete...pillows cases to embroider, quilts to make, scrapbooking, a new master recipe file that I am making etc. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the many good fabulous choices I have in my life. So grateful! But, I am constantly torn between my choices. My free time is scarce and I guess I have too many things that I want to accomplish. So...yes I am going to continue to blog as much as I can and I am learning from Ali Edward's blog how to embrace imperfection a little more. So stay tuned...

Here is a layout I did today in about 1 hour. That's a record for me. The stamps are from Making Memories and I adore them and the little girl in the picture!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Way to go mom for updating your blog. I was going through withdrawels. Love the scrapbook page and that adorable girl in the picture!!! This is I think one of my fabvorite scrapbook pages you've done. Way to go MOM!!!

ibid said...

I love that you are a blogger. Don't tell Em, but I am thinking about starting one of my own. Now that they have "un-blocked" Typepad and Blogspot at work, it may be just the work-day release I need! Don't worry, the children of the future will still be taught!

I also LOVE the layout. Very simple (which I adore) and so cute! What a great and fabulous wedding it was!

Keep blogging! Even if it is short and imperfect, it is better than nothing!

lindsey said...

Dang it! Ahhhh! That was from me...Lindsey.

Shelly B. said...

Love it Mom! Love the post and the page! Don't stop blogging!

Michelle said...

I love imperfection. I am the poster child. I need you to keep blogging cuz I need another grandma. These girls are hard to keep up with. Love your scrapbook page and love Livee. Our kids did pretty good didn't they?