Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mid-Week Inspiration...Dishes on Display

I own dishes...a lot of dishes...more than I will ever need...it's an obsession...as in...I could feed a small army...but only if they ate with their fingers...because I don't particularly care about silverware...but I do have a large supply of plastic forks...so...I guess I could still feed a small army and they would even appear to have some manners. When you have a lot of dishes like me...you have to put them all somewhere...they don't all fit in the kitchen cupboards...so...I store some of my dishes in my entryway in this...


I also store some of my dishes downstairs with my food storage...because I am of the mind set that food and dishes go together...right?...my husband does not have that mind set. And there will be no picture of my storage room!

What I really want...is open shelves...in my kitchen and maybe elsewhere in my home...so my dishes can be a real part of our family...out where the whole world can bask in their...dishy-ness. Open shelves like these...


I want that yellow bowl on the left...

Love that the dish racks are hung over the windows...

Check out those purple cabinets...

And my personal favorite...these scalloped shelves are to die for...A...door...a...bull!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The scallops are my favorite too. So dang cute!

Ashley said...

You are so funny.
I LOVE the scalloped shelfs too they are too die for. And I also love the piece of furniture in your entry way.

Larson Family said...

Oh, I am soo glad to hear from you! How are you? I am glad you guys will be peeking at our family, that's what it is for. I just posted new pics of Taylor. How are things? You guys still owe us a visit, so when are you coming? :) I hope all is well. How is the house, is everything done? Tell Bishop hi. We send our love!