Monday, February 26, 2007

Our Husbands and Their Mothers...

I knew that title would get your attention in a hurry! Is there a hotter topic for women, than husbands and their mother issues? I don't really know the answer to that question because...my Mother-in-Law is a gem and I don't believe for a minute that my husband has issues with this great lady. Thursday is her birthday. I hope she has a fabulous day. I will be anxious to talk to her on the phone because I have literally worked hours on a this little project. (Sorry, its a little blurry in the picture.) The chip board book and pages are from Bo Bunny and the paper is Cosmo Cricket "The Dutch Girl Collection". I bought it here. I adore this paper!
Now for the rest of the story...The afore mentioned husband comes out of the bedroom one morning last week and by the way he was acting I thought something horrible had happened. Breathlessly he belts out that it is his mother's birthday in a week(I was just waiting for him to remember!) and asks if I will call our daughters and see if they will each make a scrapbook page or something like that to send to his mom for her birthday. I am thinking..." Why don't you call them?" but I agree to call them. Then as I thought about it I knew that they were all so busy, some of my daughters don't love scrapbooking (one calls it the work of the devil), etc., etc., etc. So...I did what any good wife and mother would do, I jumped in with both feet and did the project myself. It was a big sacrifice to do this little book, work with these adorable papers...while listening to great music...eating chocolate...but someone had to do it and it might as well be me! Well, I think you get the picture. I just wish you could see the picture!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

No wonder ashley is such a great daughter-in-law. She has had you as the perfect example. Thanks for raising such a wonderful daughter.

lindsey said...

Mom! The book looks fabulous! I am so sad that I didn't have a chance to see it before you sent it off! :) I hope my hold-up didn't make you stay up all night! Loveyou!

Ashley said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one holding you up. Can you imagine if we all had to do a page? It NEVER would have gotten done. I could barely do my one little part! Thanks mom for stepping up to the plate. I hope you took a picture of every page. I want to see the finished project.

Shelly B. said...

so, so, so cute Mom!

Emily said...

Yeah mom it is cute, i will admit im the one who thinks scrap booking is the devils work. and i am not ashamed. But the book is cute too bad it has all the scrap booking stuff in it. :)

Laura B. said...

How cute!!