Saturday, May 5, 2007

Bad Hair Days and 6 Other Reasons to Laugh...

My how time flies...I don't know if you feel this way...THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY TO DO EVERYTHING I WOULD LIKE TO DO!!!!!!!!!!! So many projects...so little time...crocheting blankets for new grandbaby...spring cleaning finally!..finishing up preschool for the year, including graduation program...working in our yard...working hard on etsy items...etc. Oh, how I love our latest batch of etsy items...can't wait for you to see!

But for now...I was tagged by cute, talented Sherelle and just haven't had a chance to reply. So here is:

THE TOP 7 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME!
  1. My life has been one. bad. hair. day! The proof, my dear blogging friends, is in the pictures!
My natural curl just got the best of me...



My mom was a banker, not a hairdresser,so why did she decide to cut my bangs the morning of picture taking day...


I actually like this picture of me during my senior year of high school, but you have to realize I graduated in the 70's...every girl in my graduating class, but 3, had long straight-to-the-waist hair parted in the middle...like Cher!


Then during my freshman year of college, I decided I wanted that long straight hair...this is in the middle of my growing-out stage... and parted in the middle!

"The Bubble"...another try at the long straight look...actually this is the longest my hair has ever been...in my whole life!


I was in my element when the Afro look became the rage in the early 80's...My natural curl was a natural Afro...see how high I could get it to go...


Ha, Ha, Ha...looking at these pictures even makes me laugh-out-loud. I do have to say I like my hair now...better than ever...thanks to Deanna...who not only cuts my hair...but is a great friend...and would...never...let me...go out...in public...looking silly...again! Thank.you.Deanna.

Well, there are 6 other things that you might not know about me...but for now this one is enough! Have a fabulous day!!!! Keep smiling!

7 comments:

Shelly B. said...

The Bubble is my personal favoite! Too bad they didn't have the handy flat iron back then...! Love you!

Michelle said...

Marilyn, I just love you! I have curly hair too but did not have the drama you suffered. My sister Jamie and my niece Erica could really swap pictures and stories with you. I had no idea you had such problems because in the 4 years I've know you your hair is always darlng. Thanks for giving me a chuckle. My family is trying to figure out why I'm laughing my head off down here in my office.

Ashley said...

So funny. I love each and every hair style but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the short pixie hairdo from your senior year. You were a beauty, no wonder dad liked you!!!

Samantha said...

OH Marilyn - love them all!! Thanks for making me smile...again! AND thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog! I really needed that!! You're the best!

lindsey said...

Mom...I too LOVE the newest post. Hilarious...and I totally agree with Ashley, my favorite is the Senior Pic. You were/are beautiful!

Ashley said...

This may be the most hilarious blog post of all time. Even my husband was laughing.

Laura B. said...

I love all the pictures!!! And agree with your girls...senior year you were a fox! Love it!!!