Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I Knew Her When...

Today is my daughter Lindsey's 27th birthday. Whoohoo! This is a picture of her in Grade School. She will be mortified that I have posted it for the whole world to see. She looks at this picture and cringes. The glasses...the bear sweater(which she claims I made her wear for picture day)...the retainer...all sure signs of geekiness! But what I see when I look at this picture is the potential for goodness and beauty that was emerging...year by year...inside of her.
At this point in her life...I believe 5th grade...she was already showing the world what she was made of...that she would choose her own path...and it didn't matter too much if the path she chose was cool or not.
So here's to your birthday Lindsey. We all wish you were here in Idaho with us, but hope you have a great, great day! It has been pure joy watching you grow into the beautiful, delightful, person that you are! To read more about Lindsey look here and here.

Lindsey on her wedding day last summer with her 3 sisters!

8 comments:

lindsey said...

Ahhhh!!!! That picture is HORRIBLE! Ha ha ha! I hated that sweater with my whole soul...I am pretty sure it was a hand-me-down from one of our neighbors, and since we were never ones to waste, it was added to my wardrobe. S-C-A-R-Y!

lindsey said...

Oh...and P.S. thank you for the nice things you said! I LOVE YOU!

Ashley said...

Ha ha ha that picture is the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life!!! You made my day! I love that girl!

Laura B. said...

Oh my goodness...I am almost for a loss of words at that picture.
I haven't laughed outloud like that in a long time!
Happy Birthday Hofo!

Michelle said...

Marilyn you are the best. The picture is darling. Parker's glasses were that big too. We were good mothers, it was the style then.

Shelly B. said...

oooohhhh, I love that old picture. She was so cute! The smile says it all: "Not even these glasses can take away my go-getter attitude!"

I hope that picture isn't the start of a new birthday tradition, MOM! Remember, my birthday is before yours, so I can totally get you back if you choose to post any "old" pictures of me!

sandy said...

Lindsey should tackle you right to the ground over that one picture. She is a doll over and over again.

MODERN COUNTRY said...

Thank you for your visit and leaving such a sweet message for me :) New visitors are always higly appreciated!
Congratulation with you daughters birthday!! It seems like you have a great relationchip, and nothing is better than that! I wish you a nice weekend and you are always welcome back :)