Friday, May 11, 2007

May Frenzy...

Just a quick note to say...my life is spinning out of control! Here is what is going on...end of the school year...graduation program...family birthdays, including mine...spring yard work...purging every closet, drawer, cupboard in my house...sewing for etsy...church assignments...helping my mom and dad with a project...etc., etc., etc. I have been up for nearly 12 hours already today and lots more to do before the night is over. So I am leaving you with this thought. I read it on the bulletin board at the place where I worked out and asked for a copy. Then a week ago I was going through some papers and memorabilia from college and found it again in a box...so I must like the message.


Drop a pebble in the water,

Just a splash and it is gone

But there's half a hundred ripples

Circling on and on and on.

Spreading from the center,

Flowing on out to the sea,

And there is no way telling

Where the end is going to be.

Drop a word of cheer and kindness,

Just a flash and it is gone,

But there's half a hundred ripples

Circling on and on and on.

Bearing hope and joy and comfort

On each splashing dashing wave,

Till you wouldn't believe the volume

Of the one kind word you gave.

Recently I had conversations with 2 different people. I don't even remember much of what what said but later I received notes in the mail from both of them. Notes that thanked me for something I had said to them during the conversations. Those notes made my day and lifted my spirits. I hope I can do that for others a little more often in the future, instead of constantly running so I can check off my daily list of to dos! I grateful for those people in my life that say and do kind things for me. Thank you all for making my little corner of the world a little brighter with your comments!

It may be a while before I am back...just know that the next few posts will be full of news and views! Very exciting things happening in my life right now!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the quote. You are a great example of a positive influence on others and I'm so glad to be your friend. I'm also grateful for the special treasures that we share. (Parker, Ashley, Livee and baby boy Hollis).

Sandra said...

I just read on Lindsey's blog that it was your birthday, yesterday. I hope it was a good one. Happy Birthday!

Tyler said...

Yes, happy birthday and I can't wait to see what you've been up to.

Ashley said...

Ooops, I left my comment as my husband!

sandy said...

Marilyn- I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I thought of you. You are a wonderful friend. Hope your day was GREAT!

Jen Kershner said...

Thank you for the info about the recipes on your blog. They sound delicious! Jen

Michelle said...

Marilyn, what ever you're doing can't be as important as updating your blog. I miss your "Sense and Nonsence".

The Holverson Family said...

Where are you?? We need an update!