Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mid-week Inspiration...Flower Power...

I've been out of town for the past 9 days helping a daughter move from Utah to Colorado...even though it was a working vacation it was still alot of fun!

Here in Idaho...as well as in many places in the west...we are experiencing extreme...record breaking...cold. Yesterday set a record for temperatures...a bone-chilling 33 degrees...with some snow in the morning hours! Flowers are freezing and gardens are literally rotting in the ground. Things are looking up though...with a projected high in the 80's on Saturday! Whoo-hoo! Today's Mid-week Inspiration is especially for those of us who are NOT enjoying summer weather but hope to soon.

I was never much interested in flowers and gardening until recent years. Yard work was always just that...work! But I have really grown to love being out in the yard...digging in dark soil...planting seeds and flowers...dead heading...fertilizing...water and weeding...just everything that goes with gardening. I absolutely love going to a nursery and just enjoying the sights and smells that surround me. Hope the following pictures inspire you in a "flowery" kind of way!










6 comments:

Sandra said...

I just spent the morning weeding. It was finally warm enough to get out and do that.

I am going to miss your daughter. She is a wonderful person.

Shelly B. said...

Oh, that second picture is TO DIE FOR! I need to learn to love gardening. Right now our front lawn is so long it's gone to seed and there are a million weeds. UGLY!

Ashley said...

I owe it all to you for my love of having a neat and tidy yard. Notice I did not say I have a LOVE for yard work but I do like the fruits of the labor. You will be happy to know that my garden is sprouting!! I am so excited and hopefully it warms up so everything can keep growing!

Michelle said...

Gardening in Arizona is the worst. The ground is hard, only a few varieties of flowers to choose from and it's HOT. I have learned a few tricks over the years but it is alot of work to get good results. I'll be at my condo all of July. Come to Utah and let's have some fun!

Jason and Kelsey said...

Hi Sister Anderson! I am SO glad you found me! I miss you guys SO MUCH! I think about you guys all the time, and I hope you are doing well. Jason and I are loving being back down here in Southern California and near our families again. We're totally house hunting right now, and hoping to be in a house by the end of the year. So that means when you guys come down for your Disneyland trips you've got a place to stay! Tell bishop hello for me and that we miss him. Love you both!!!

Michelle said...

Marilyn, I need Emily's address. I'm really behind on wedding gifts but would love to get her gift in the mail. E-mail me. Thanks