Sunday, June 22, 2008

TIPS-N-TRENDS...It ain't all good!

I've discovered a disturbing trend of late...it actually keeps me up at night. I lay awake wondering if someone I love will get caught in it's deceptive web or succumb to peer pressure. I worry that once they start they won't be able to stop! I worry that it will become a habit...an expensive habit. I worry that they might eventually have to lie...steal...and deceive to support it. I see celebrities getting caught up in it and worry that my loved ones will be reading a People Magazine and think, "Hey, that looks fun and exciting...maybe I will try it just once!" It's tough to resist...especially when worn by Gwyneth...



Yes...that disturbing trend is...Gladiator shoes! A fad gone bad...and the bane of my existence...(at least for right now). I have only one question..."Gwyneth honey...What in $*## were you thinking?" Now...every where I look...this is what I see...














Women of America...and other parts of the free world...Avoid this pit-fall at all costs...it is the work of the devil...it will bring you down!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

You are hilarious and I agree that those shoes are UGLY! Don't worry I'll never fall into that trap. The worst are the knee high boots with the cutouts. AWFUL.

Sandra said...

I just want to say one thing, they may be ugly, but the comfort. I bought a pair like Gwyneth is wearing in the photo about 5 years ago. They are by Earth Shoes and they are my most comfy summer shoes. But I will confess that I don't wear them except around the house and working in the yard- the ugly factor at play I guess.

Devri said...

That is too funny! i love it, and i hope i don't fall into that either! i think they are so ugly!

Ashley said...

They need to give you a small slot during October Conference to broadcast this to all the world! I hope you can sleep better now!

Camille said...

Oh my gosh, this made me laugh my head off! You are too funny! I couldn't agree more about those shoes. Yuck, yuck and yuck. Thanks for your concern, you are so thoughtful! :-)

Jill said...

I thought you were going to say something about your many entries with perfectly decorated kitchens with perfectly places dishes, plates, roosters, perfectly spotless etc. Glad to see that you were warning us against something evern more disturbing! Thankfully, I won't fall into the trap...I am very intimidated by the kitchen perfectness though...Gweneth's shoes are awful. Gold shoes and I go way back...my hatefulness for them, I mean! Thanks for the laugh!

lindsey said...

Don't worry. Not only are they ugly, I physically can not wear them. They don't make gladiator shoes with "cankle" allowances.

lindsey said...

The only thing that could possibly be worse is gladiator crocs...

Shelly B. said...

or gladiator crocs with socks...

Jill said...

I totally agree, those are nasty!!!!! I would NEVER pay for those, or even let anyone pay ME to wear those. Too funny!