Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Cinnamon Bears...



You gotta love 'em! I know I do. In fact I can't remember a time in my life when I haven't loved them. But for the month of January...none. I will not be eating any cinnamon bears. NOT EVEN THE CHOCOLATE COVERED ONES or any candy at all! Why? Because my friend Jamie and her sister started this "give up something for a month thing" and I decided in a "french pancake instead of oatmeal moment" that it was a good idea. I swear it was the whipped cream and strawberries on top of the french pancakes that muddled my brain and therefore my good judgement. There is no other explanation. AND I made a commitment in front of 4 other women that for 2007 I would give up something every month! Mind you, these are not things that are necessarily bad for you, these are just things that might be bad for you(like cinnamon bears) or not bad for you at all(like reading a novel). The point is to give them up for a month and contemplate their value in your life. Can you live without it for a whole month? Do you appreciate it more because you lived without it for a month? That sort of thing. Oh no, I can't type any longer...my hands are shaking...my face is sweaty...my head is spinning...cinnamon bear withdrawal...help me...pleasssse....

6 comments:

lindsey said...

Mom! You are a great writer! I am so impressed. And you are funny! :) Keep writing...I love reading your blog. My one New Year's resolution is to keep my room clean. NO MORE clothes on the floor! Love you---LU

lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lindsey said...

Oh and one more thing...when was that photo taken??? Did you eat that whole bowl Sunday night??? :)

Marilyn said...

I was wondering if anyone would notice that the picture was taken in my kitchen with my dishes and obviously my cinnamon bears. Yes, I have some in the house. 2 bags. I opened one for the picture. But I promptly put them in a baggy and tomorrow morning I am having your dad hide them for me until February. You will be proud to know that I didn't eat one during the photo shoot!

Ashley said...

Good thing I read this blog post because I have a whole bag of Chocolate Covered Cinnamon bears I was going to give you tonight that Parkers grandma gave Livee. She won't eat them and neither will we so i was saving them for you. Guess they'll have to wait until February!!!

Laura B. said...

Marilyn, you are not alone in your love of Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears. They are my MOST favorite thing!!! Unfortunately, Claire (my new baby) does not like it when I eat them. So the 2 pounds that I got for Christmas are just going to have to wait until I'm done nursing!
Good luck on your resolution!! !
Laura (lindsey's sperry house roommate)