Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Sneak Peek...

We are reworking our spare bedroom. I can't say redecorating because we are using the same beds and armoire that have been in the room for awhile. What I am going to do is repaint the walls in the yummiest green you have ever dreamed of; make new quilts for the beds; and bring together some other elements to make the room feel cozy and inviting!
As you can see the fabric for the quilts is divine (beyond divine really) and I have a bunch of darling things to put on top of the armoire. I have a collection of Boyd's bears that I am going to put away in the armoire for awhile. I sure hope it doesn't hurt the poor bears feelings, but they just aren't what I am looking for in this room. I am also going to display some pictures of my three oldest daughters in their wedding dresses in a fabulous antique-ish frame(meaning it isn't really an antique just looks like one). I can't wait for you to see the room when it is finished along with some other things I am sewing to make it the yummiest room ever...but for now here is just the sneak peek!

4 comments:

Shelly B. said...

Cute Mom! I didn't know you were going to paint the walls. Your pictures look just beautiful...they make me so excited to see the finished product. You should do what Gma did and close the door and not let anyone in while you are working on it so it can be a surprise for us all. Just kidding. Bad idea. I want to see it as it goes along!

Shelly B. said...

P.S. You're putting the bears away? Poor babies.

lindsey said...

Mom...I love reading your blog. Can't wait to see the room!!

Sherelle Christensen said...

Hello Marilyn! Nice to meet you (well, kind of)! I followed a link to your blog from your daughter's blog...so glad to find it! I can't wait to see your finished rooms...I have been doing some redecorating myself, and I am looking for a little inspiration. Your daughter Shelly helps me out on the Design Team at The Scrap Coop, and she is the best! I look forward to reading your blog!