Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Toilet paper love notes...

I am a working woman....but who isn't? Well, maybe men are not working women,(Insert little smiley face here)but nearly all of the women I know work. And they work hard.

Some of the women I know work in their homes cleaning and cooking... scrubbing and serving... dispensing bandaids, hugs, and a little advise between loads and loads of laundry. They don't get near enough credit for their heart-felt efforts. But--having had that experience I have to admit there were days when I longed for some adult conversation and something on the TV besides Sesame Street! And I will admit that sometimes...particularly when the baby was teething, and the others were quarreling , and it was time once again to cook another meal...I wondered, just a wee bit, what in the world I had gotten myself into. And then a miracle would happen...the teething baby would smile...or one of my daughters would run up and give me a quick hug...or my husband would write "I love you" in toilet paper on the living room floor...and I would take a deep breath and think, "All is right in my world...".

Some women I know do all of the above and work at a job too. They cook and clean... scrub and serve... dispense bandaids, hugs, and a little advise between loads and loads of laundry but... they do all of it in the early morning hours of the day and again in the evening when they are most likely exhausted. And they don't get near enough credit for their heart-felt efforts. But--having had that experience too, I have to admit there were days when I longed to be just standing in my kitchen making sugar cookies...or watching TV with my girls. And I will admit that sometimes...particularly when the baby was teething, and the others were quarreling, and I didn't have the slightest clue what I was going to fix for dinner...I wondered, just a wee bit, what in the world I had gotten myself into. And then a miracle would happen...the baby's teeth would finally pop...my girls would become little women and fix dinner...and my husband would give me some flowers with a little card that said---
"For this I will be grateful all my life:
My children's blessed mother, my own dear wife-
The sweetest gift that Heaven could ever send,
At once a guardian angel,
a sweetheart and a friend."
and I would take a deep breath and think, "All is right in my world...".

I have been able fulfill all my dreams. I own my own business and have a job that I love. I have the support of my husband and daughters. They worked as hard as I did to make my business and our family a success! No...they worked harder! I have been able to be there for my girls when I needed to be and wanted to be and now they are my best friends. I am so, so blessed!

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

This was wonderful Marilyn. I feel many of the same feelings trying to balance everything on my plate. Some days it's so hard. Other days I'm just so grateful for all that I have.
Your girls are so great! I'm so lucky to call them my friends.

lindsey said...

I love you Mom! And I can't wait to see you TOMORROW! :)