Friday, March 30, 2007

Some woman with dark hair stole my car...

If I wanted to live a life of crime, yesterday would have been a good start. It started out so innocently...then...a trip to the fabric store gone wrong. Here's the scoop! Run to fabric store to buy adorable fabric for mystery project soon to be blogged. Park Ford Explorer. Spend 45 minutes drooling over fabric. Make purchase. Leave store and jump into car. Throw purchase and purse in front passenger seat. Look down and notice papers which do NOT look familiar. Look around some more. Realize...I AM NOT SITTING IN MY OWN CAR...I AM SITTING IN A CAR THAT JUST LOOKS LIKE MY OWN CAR! SAME COLOR, SAME INTERIOR, SAME, SAME, SAME! Then look up. See Ford Explorer parked right in front of me and know that IT belongs to me. With speed that would rival even superman, grab stuff and jump out of NEARLY HIJACKED CAR. Run to Ford Explorer that DOES belong to me. Jump in! Try not to hyperventilate...on way home contemplate my near brush with the law! Know I would make a great Bonnie, but not so sure my husband would make a good Clyde!
P.S. If you have preschoolers, don't miss the April Bright Beginnings Preschool link down on the right hand side of my blog. Fun idea for Spring!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I think this is one of the funniest stories. It still cracks me up every time I think about it. My mom the car stealer. Who knew?

Michelle said...

Marilyn, what were you thinking? I know, you were thinking about fabric. It can make you do terrible things.

Ashley said...

That is hilarious! I have to admit I have been stalking your blog for awhile and not commenting. . . it takes courage to comment, but I appreciate you commenting on mine so I will start commenting! Would you mind if I put a link to you on my blog? And I have to say that your comment about being the HULK on Laura's blog was just about the funniest things I've ever heard.