Friday, May 23, 2008

Here it is...

Since this week's weather is suppose to be cold and wet...I think a treat is in order. I make Southwest Corn Dip for every wedding reception and Emily's was no exception. Tons of people asked for the recipe and since I got it from "Taste of Home" magazine I feel like I should share! This recipe is so versatile...as a dip with corn chips...or add some cooked chicken for a meal. I have done it both ways and it's a hit every time...

Southwest Corn Dip

1 can whole kernel corn, drained

1 4oz. can green chilies

1 Tbsp. minced jalapeño

2 Tbsp. sliced olives

½ cup diced red pepper

1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese

½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1 cup mayonnaise

Mix corn , chilies, jalapeño, olives, pepper(and chicken if you are using it as a main course). Add mayonnaise and mix well.
Add cheeses and mix.

Bake in 350 degree oven until warm for dip
or hot for casserole. Serve with corn chips.

This is so yummy and just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Hope you like and enjoy!

P.S. I apologize that this recipe is so blah looking...hoping to spend some time this summer learning all about digital. In the meantime a great big "thank you" to my daughter's...Shelly for designing my blog banner for me and for Ashley for getting my computer working once again!


4 comments:

Tyler & Devri said...

That sounds delicious I always love your recipes, thanks for sharing!! Love the new blog look!

Shelly B. said...

YUM! I think I need to make this soon!

Samantha said...

Double YUM!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ashley said...

I remember this from Lu's wedding . . . mmmm! I have frsh parm to get rid of so this will be perfect!