Friday, May 30, 2008

TIPS-N-TRENDS...

New feature to the blog...TIPS-N-TRENDS! A place to share new products and/or trends of interest around us...Today I would like to share a product that I found totally by accident. While I was at Walmart picking up a few items...I reached for what I thought was Bounce dryer sheets and picked up this product instead...



Shout color catcher...I was so mad when I got home and realized that I had NOT picked up what I needed...hence another trip to the store...but a few weeks later I thought...Oh, I will try one of these dumb things...threw it in the wash with some reds...I was amazed and thrilled that I had found a new help for accomplishing a most dreaded task...the laundry.

Have you ever bought a red and white strip shirt...tablecloth...placemat...or whatever...and once you have washed it...even on cold...it comes out of the washer and the white is slightly pink? I can't tell you how many times that or something similar has happened to me! Well...with the miracle color catcher cloths...that will never happen again. Even when you put a batch of multi-colored clothes in the wash...you have to know that a little dye bleeds from each item making the wash water a murky gray...over time making your clothes less vibrant and true to their original color.

Now I am going to use some very technical terms here to describe how these cloths work...and hope you non-scientific persons can understand. These cloths..."catch" the dyes that bleed out of your clothes as they are washing...and hold on to them...and when the wash is done you can just throw the cloth away. I sure hope you non-scientific persons could understand that! So...get a box today at your local Walmart!

Okay...so now it's your turn...What product or idea makes doing your laundry easier...more enjoyable...faster...more fun?

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Those sound really cool! What a good find, and Shout should pay you for the endorsement.

I would love to hear any tips for making laundry go faster. It seems to rule my life. My can't live without laundry tool is oxyclean--it gets everything out!

Ashley said...

I am going to have to pick up a box of these because I always feel like my colors are less and less vibrant everytime I wash them.

I don't really have a laundry go-to product but I do have a tip that has saved me a lot from shrinking or drying things to long. I turn on my end of cycle signal and I only set my drier for 15 minutes on low then I go and hang everything up. I also have a press saver option and it keeps tumbling every few minutes so the clothes don't get wrinkled if I can't rush right in and hang them up that second. That has been my life saver but I NEVER just start the cycle and HOPE that I'll remember to go in, in 10 minutes so thaht I don't over drive stuff. I know myself better then that!!! :)

Shelly B. said...

I keep forgetting to buy these and I really want some!

My tip is one you taught me. Use a toothbrush with some laundry soap on really bad stains/spots. Scrub the soap in and let it sit for a few minutes before you wash it. I also like oxyclean.

Samantha said...

I wondered about those! Thanks for trying them out first. :)

Michelle said...

My laundry tip is if you ever get a bad B.O. smell or stain (heaven forbid) in the pits of your clothes, soak them in one part white vinegar to 4 parts water and the smell and stain are gone.

Katie said...

Those look amazing! The best laundry trick I ever learned is D&L cleaners! You can drop it off and pick it up later all clean and pressed and if your sneaky enough you can even make it seem like you did it ALL yourself! I have only done this once or twice but it was magical!