Monday, May 5, 2008

My Comfort Zone...


Well...if anybody is still reading my blog after my last post...here's a little inside shot of the great room in our new home.

After 2o years in the same house...we were ready for a change. The old house was a dream in many ways...but we love our new place so much more! In our last home we had a formal living room and formal dining room...we rarely used them. What we did use was the kitchen and it was so small we were always bumping into each other. When we were all together it became a disaster...similar to that game teens played in the 60's where they would see how many people they could cram into a Volkswagen Beetle! I would be cooking dinner...in would come my daughters...shortly after them came their children...and then the dog! Oh...and usually my husband looking for some grandkids to tease. The only people smart enough to stay out of the kitchen were my sons-in-law...they were just sitting in the other room (out of sight) wondering when the food was going to be ready!


In our new home we just have one big great room...appropriately named because it is so great! We can cook...eat...sit...talk...and the grand kids have plenty of room to run and play. They don't have to be in the kitchen with their moms because they can see them from the table or the couch!

This home only has 2 bedrooms on the main floor...a beautiful master with fabulous bathroom and huge closet...and a smaller bedroom just for the grandkids when they come to stay. Also on the main floor is an office and laundry room. In the basement we have 2 guest bedrooms...a large bath...a craft, sewing, tv watching room...a huge family room (now used for preschool)...and 2 large storage rooms.

It's a dream home for us and we are so grateful to be here.

7 comments:

lindsey said...

I love the new house! It is so cozy and inviting. LOVE YOU!

lu

Samantha said...

I seriously thought you were joking and that was some gorgeous picture out of a fancy decorating magazine! HOLY COW!! It is so beautiful and so you! Please come do my house next!! :)
Glad you have your perfect space! You deserve it!!

Ashley said...

I LOVE your house. Even though we were all devastated when you chose to sell the old house I think it all worked out. Mothers always know best! :)

The Holverson Family said...

WOW! You home looks beautiful! I totally agree that at the different stages in life, you need different houses with different spaces. I love the GREAT room!

Camille said...

I am glad Lindsey sent me over to your blog, I gave up checking it after about 6 months of no posting, so I was excited to see some new posts! Your house is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you are enjoying being there. Who wouldn't??

Michelle said...

So glad your back. Your house is just darling. I would like something new but don't think it's going to happen. Sorry your stressed about the wedding. Just think, your almost done. You don't have to worry about weddings again until Livee and Boston. Ha Ha

Heidi Parson said...

Look like a magazine picture!!!!